Good morning friends!
Today I will be sharing my part of the writing prompt that I posted on January 9th. I couldn’t decide between two ways of writing this prompt, so I thought I would share both of them. The first one is more of a laundry list idea-writing out from start to finish the “perfect” day of myself as an astronaut. The second I decided to do it as a response letter to an inquiry from a small child.
A Perfect Day in the Life of an Astronaut
- Start my morning out with a nice, hot breakfast of farm fresh eggs, hickory smoked bacon, and some mutligrain toast with a bit of butter and a little honey
- Enjoy a nice morning cup of tea to myself in a blissful silence
- Go out for a nice morning walk or run, depending on how I’m feeling
- Head over to work to see what new missions might look like as well as who will be on my crew
- If there is a meeting about an upcoming mission, I’d be nce if everyone contributed their ideas and brainstormed together the possibilities that lie ahead of us
- Meeting goes well and everyone decides to go out for lunch together; getting to meet and talk with new people is a wonderful experience
- Once lunch is over, go back to work- start by map out the mission plan and future goals with the Crew
- Do some physical training to keep my body in tip-top shape
- After an eventful day of work, have a wonderful, cozy evening to myself
- Making a nice and comforting dinner
- Settle into the evening with some cozy clothes, a cup of tea, some jazz softly playing in the background and a good book until I head to bed to do it all over again the next day
Dear Mr. Redcrest,
What is a perfect day like for an astronaut?
–Jenny Sanderson, age 8
Thank you for asking such a fantastic question! There is a lot of things one could say makes a perfect day, but to me, nothing is more perfect than being an astronaut. To fly amongst the stars-journeying across this vast and beautiful galaxy-that to me makes me truly happy. I belive to have a good day, one must have a good mindset-and a good breakfast. You can’t soar amongst the stars on an empty stomach! That being said, a healthly mind needs a healthy body! I always make sure to have time in my morning and evening for a nice healthy jog. It keeps me active and ready for any mission that lies ahead. As an explorer of space, I need to make sure that I have all my supplies at the ready and to prepare myself for space travel. It helps that I have such a wonderfully smart and helpful team of fellow space explorers to journey with! Together, we work as a team to plan out what each mission will be like. For example, we could be planning to head to the moon to study it’s surface. To do that, we need to make sure we have plenty of the necessities like food, water, shelter, and plenty of air. We also need to prepare ourselves by exercising our bodies and minds to deal with the drastic change in gravity. It can put a lot of stress on ourselves, so proper training here on Earth can make it easier to deal with. We spend a lot of time in simulation environments here at the space station. This way when we do go to the moon, we’re more prepared and use to what the changes are-which makes the mission a little easier to do. Thinking ahead and being prepared not only makes for a great astronaut, it also helps everyone with achieving their dreams and goals. I hope that you continue to shoot for the stars of your dreams, Jenny, and that you have yourself a perfect day.
I hope you enjoyed my pieces for this writing prompt. It was a lot of fun to do. For the next prompt, I will post it tomorrow morning. Moving forward, I would like to post a writing prompt each week. If you would like to participate in a writing prompt or have any you would like to see me do, please share by commenting below! Sharing is caring, and I would love to hear what you think.